Friday, December 15, 2006

What Lies Ahead

In the past few weeks lots has been happening for me, all of it surprisingly good. I've finally got a little bit of direction in my life as opposed to just hanging in the breeze. Last week I was offered a position as the "Assistant Facilities Director" at YMCA camp Shadybrook. It sounds like the perfect opportunity for me. I'll be out in the boonies doing maintenance work around the camp (fixing bunk beds, splitting wood, etc. etc.) The great part about it is that it allows me to keep up great contact with Clint Knox - the executive director out there. This will put me in great position when a full time position comes up in the area as Clint will alert me to such a possibility right away. He is also fine with the fact that I am searching for a full time position and understands that if I get out there and a week later I have a job offer I will more than likely take it. this will give me some time to get out of the Midwest clear up my mind and focus on what direction I want to take my life to next.

Last week I also was fortunate enough to be able to purchase a new puppy. I've named him Boomer and he is a Black lab mix. He is 14 weeks old and is surprisingly calm for a puppy. He has had his issues adjusting to life without his other puppy friends, but is quickly becoming accustomed to his new surroundings.


Finally, the last positive thing to happen to me this week was I recently was accepted to grad school and UW-La Crosse. This is a great feeling, but is only half the battle. I must now take the next step and apply for a Graduate Assistantship so that I can get most of it paid for! :) Now I am left wondering who would be the best people to write my references....my old professors who have not seen me or talked to me in over a year but know how I perform in class?? or my past supervisors who know me better and can attest to my abilities as an employee.....a difficult choice yes, but a good problem to have...

No comments: