Tuesday, December 26, 2006

If your lighter fluid to charcoal ratio is 2:1...

Time is ticking....it's Dec. 26th...I leave for CO on the 2nd of January. I don't have much time to unpack everything i just moved home from college, figure out what exactly I'll need in Colorado, and then repack it all back in with room for Boomer to ride comfortably along with me. It really isn't all that bad - the way I figure it, the only things that I really need are the things that I just brought home - if I am bringing anything else on top of that - it's all extra that will probably just end up taking up space.
I plan on just sleeping in my sleeping bag - just like back in the closest - to cut down on space taken up by blankets - I'm debating if I should bring my T.V. and stereo...I probably shouldn't bring my computer, but if there is room I will probably try and squeeze it in. Other than that, all it should be is clothes - which I am finding out I have a LOT of. Oh well - more donations to Goodwill I guess.
Boomer is doing great. He has gotten a lot more active - however not quite to the area that I want him yet. He is still young and still has his baby teeth so as most young pups do, he likes to chew on everything! Including you and your hands. I am quickily trying to break him of that habit, but I have a feeling it will be useless until he loses his baby teeth, which fortunately should be in the next month or so. He is not a big fan of walks yet - at least not if he, A. doesn't know where he is going B. if it's dark out or C. Just wants to quick go out to pee and then come back in. Then it's a battle and you have to drag him just to get him going. If you can get him going he does pretty well for a puppy so far. He still gets distracted extremely easily and you are lucky if he will play fetch with you once before he gets bored or decides your hands are more fun to chew on than his toys...Oh well he is just a puppy and with consistency in my training my hope is to have him ship shape by month 9.

That's pretty much all for now - I am turning in my Graduate assistantship application by the end of this week, and then as Willie Nelson once said....I will be ..."on the road again....just can't wait to get on that road again..." Let's hope Boomer makes it!

No comments: