Monday, January 1, 2007

Heading Down that Dusty Road

Well here it is...tomorrow I leave for Colorado, I've got my car packed so tight it is - as a good friend of mine would say - "it's tighter than a twelve year old." But surprisingly I've got everything I wanted and then some so that is really good. I even managed to fit my computer inside there somehow...no if I only had somewhere to put it once I get there! :) oh well I'll figure out something. It's hard to know what to pack and what to leave behind when everything about this move is so - who the hell knows what is going to happen - I could be there just until the summer and then back for grad school, or I could be there for years with a new career in sight...

I took Boomer on a bit of a test drive yesterday. I took him to Eau Claire to see a few buddies of mine one last time before I head out. He did really well. He got a little restless after about an hour in the car each time but it only lasted about 5 minutes and then he realized that there is not much he can do and he settled down. There will be even less for him to do now that his space is limited to the front seat only. It is going to be a really interesting 10hour drive with him tomorrow. I am going to have to pick up plenty of energy drinks to keep me going and motivated to keep him happy!

One thing that I do know for sure though is that he is going to love where he is going. He got his first taste of snow last night and he had a ball. He pushes his nose down in it and creates a mini snowball which he then of course attacks...creating several other mini snowballs to attack. He also loves the slip'n'slide abilities he has on snow...He'll run full bore one direction and then stop and slide as far as he can go. It is very entertaining to say the least, and now that the Denver area just got dumped on twice in the last two weeks, I am just he will just love it out there! Now if we can just make it through tomorrow...

No comments: