Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Final Destination?

We made it!! Boomer and I have arrived at Camp Shadybrook. the drive was long, but Boomer was about as well behaved as I could have asked for. He would either sit in my lap ( and rearranged himself about 40 times) and sleep or lay on his bed and sleep; with only minor states of agitation in between. We must have timed out trip just right, because from the look of the broken power lines, ice covered fences and numerous cars/truck/and semis rolled over in the ditches Nebraska must have gotten a pretty nasty ice storm right before we got there.

Boomer is quite the funny dog in all this snow here...I have to pave the way for him or else he gets stuck and even after I pave the way he still sinks in up to his nose. But he loves it and he loves having free roam of the camp. I guess the program director has a dog too, so that will be nice, hopefully they get a long well and don't have any problems.

I got all moved in and am ready to go to work....only one problem...apparently my background check hasn't gone through all the channels yet, so legally I cannot work, which sucks, because the sooner I can get paid - the better. I also just found out that I will not get my first paycheck until a month after I have started work, which will also suck....good thing I have a little bit of a cush in my checking account - let's hope it lasts that long!

No comments: