Thursday, January 25, 2007

It has arrived...

Television that is...I am finally reconnected with the outside world, and it feels good. Thank you dish Network. Turns out we got a pretty good deal with it and were able to split it three ways, so it should be fairly reasonable.

This week finally warmed up. Today and yesterday we were in the fifties and should be tomorrow as well, so that is great to work in as well as to help melt some of the snow. As far as work this week, it has been a lot of preparing for the work that is going to need to be done when Mitch is gone for the next week. We got lumber for making 100+ boxes, cut them to size and have begun staining them, went over how Dave and I are going to fix a fenced in dumpster area that was destroyed by a bear last fall, talked about fixing decks, learned how to use the wood splitter, got trained on how to use a chainsaw, as always continued plowing and staying ahead of the snowfall, replaced the steering mechanism on the gator, and filled the rest of the time with other small projects. It has been great experience to learn how to do much of these things, and I know I will carry it all with me in the future.

On another note, I recently have been thinking about positions available at camp this summer. It is strange though, because every time that I tell my roommate a position I am interested in, he suddenly has an interest in the same exact position despite what he had previously said. For example: this past week Dave and I were having a conversation about what positions we would most want at camp. I said probably Assistant Program Director, Unit Director, and Maintenance director in that order. I asked him and he said Unit Director, and Assistant PD. We talked a little bit about how we both were interested in similar positions, and I told him not to worry about fighting for the same spot for a couple reasons: A. I don't even know if I am coming back, and B. Even if I did and the current program director selected him over me, I would have no problem with that (the better man won) (or at least they think!) but anyway then yesterday I was talking with the Program Director and somehow we got on the topic of the Trips Director - which I had totally forgotten about position wise - and it hit me that that would be a great position for me and would move to the top of my wish list. I told Dave this and he suddenly wants to be Trips. Whatver.

I think then make a point to tell the program director - in front of Dave - that I would like to talk to him about plans for the summer sometime when he has time, and make note about the position of trips direcotor.

So then this evening Dave comes back from using the Internet and says that he just talked to Toby (Program Director) and basically started an interview and that Toby thinks he would be a great Trips Director and all of a sudden is super excited about doing that. Which is fine with me once again, who knows if I will even be here and Toby will choose who he feels is the best, but I guess it is a little annoying is all, but as I told Dave - I am not too worried about it - The one thing that I have learned in my life is that somehow regardless of what happens I always manage to land on my feet, and I know I will do the same here.

Well Boomer is starting to get restless and is chewing on his leash, so I better get going.

No comments: