Monday, January 8, 2007

Another day another dollar...

60 degrees.....sunny....2.5 feet of snow....what a day...Beautiful. Today we did a myriad of things...The day started with Dave and I shoveling snow and about 6 inches of solid ice off the top of bunk beds that had been covered with tarps, placing crates underneath them to help prevent the ice formation and tightening down the tarps, from there our attention shifted to cleaning a grill, fixing a bell tower, and cleaning out the attic of the trips shed, to finally the dark, cramped, hope you not claustrophobic atmosphere of climbing in the culverts - which are about 4 feet around with ice cold river/snow runoff flowing though them - crawling through them about 150 yards dragging a rucksack behind you to put rocks larger than your fist in and then hauling them out the other end so that the culverts do not get clogged. Hard work, but fun work! Keeps me in shape and keeps me active so that is all I can ask for.

Unfortunately today when my boss was plowing with the tractor, Boomer repeatedly got in the way and made things a little difficult for him, so I think Boomer may be staying in the kennel while we are working more often now...unfortunate, but if he is slowing down work than that has to be done.

On the plus side....today I got a phone call back from another SCA position in Arches/Canyonlands National Park that would start Feb 22 and run until May 15th - which would be perfect for them to pick me up full time over the summer! Hopefully anyway...I still need to call them back and talk to them, and my excitement in tempered a little bit because I know that dogs are not allowed in National Parks, so that could potentially and most likely cause a major problem with that plan.

I also was able to schedule an appointment with a Vet in Woodland Park today for Boomer to get neutered on Friday, so that is good...for me....not necessarily Boomer.

Other than that, it's just plugging away as usual....I find it hard to search for jobs out here due to our setup and not being able to use the phones w/o calling cards, and the Internet being fairly slow, so that is a bit frustrating, but, it is what it is and it is up to me to make the best of it, and so far I am.

1 comment:

TwisterMc said...

60 Degrees with 2.5 feet of snow, how does that work? :)