Friday, January 19, 2007

Another Day, Another Dollar


What a day...Mitch was out today, so he left us a note for things to do...1. finish gluing mattresses together and place them in appropriate cabins, 2. shovel off ice covered stairs in the winterized cabins...3. shovel paths to and from cabins...4. finish winterizing the windows in clints house...5. take an ice pick up on clints roof and chip away the 10 inch layer of ice build up that has frozen and is causing a damn....after 6 hours of shoveling and ice picking, my back has just about had it....but on the bright side, it was a gorgeous day to be outside...at one point - while i was on clints roof, i even stripped down to a cutoff t-shirt and jeans it was so nice!

The rest of this past week was filled with collecting all the camps bunk mattresses and hauling them to the shop and then reinforcing the seams with a seam sealer glue, and then bringing them back to the cabins...a long and tedious project, but one that needed to be done...on Thursday we at least got a break from it and had to go into the Springs to do an all day training session, so that was nice.

I think I have decided against the Canyonlands National Park internship for a couple of reasons...1. I figure I can save just as much money and get paid more if I stay here, and 2. I know Boomer would not be allowed in the park and it would be pretty hard to work and live there and not be able to take him out with me on walks or things like that. Plus I think having him go through - hopefully - most of his puppy hood stages here at camp is a good thing...Particularly when he is kenneled in the afternoons, he thinks he should not be in there and often you will hear him barking a few times as you walk by the house. I have a feeling though that some of that is because Fenway will come near the house and Boomer will catch her scent.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to meeting up with some old friends in the springs for lunch and possibly more. I have not seen Teresa and Miguel in a long time, and it will be good to catch up. Miguel just recently moved into a place with his soon to be wife and Teresa has only 3 weeks before she leaves for Russia for two years to serve out her Mission, so it will be great to see them both.

Dave(co worker who also lives out here) just decided to get dish network cable tv out here. It is going to come in on Tuesday, and I am really looking forward to it. I can only play so many games of Freecell and watch so many movies before I start to get a little stir crazy, so it will be nice to be able to stay in touch with what is going on in world.

On that note, I am getting pretty tired and I think I am going to go back to my room, pop in a movie and watch it until I fall asleep.

No comments: