Sunday, May 20, 2007

And so it begins...

Wow been a long time - lots has happened since the last post - I went home for just over a week and had a great time visiting friends and family - the only bad part was having to leave Boomer behind - it just didn't feel right driving back to Colorado not having him as my co-pilot. Oh well - I know this is for thebest and he is in good hands. We now have about 15 staff here, so camp is starting to get pretty busy and will only get busier - which is a good thing.

We started program staff training last week which has been pretty good, although it is all old hat for me, so it can get kinda boring, and then we will need to do it again for regular staff training.

Yesterday I finished up my Wilderness First Aid course, which was a lot of fun, however there is a staff member who is able to teach that course here at camp, and he said that the instructor did not really do it right - which I can see, but I still feel I learned a lot. The course was supposed to be 16hours, but everyday we got done at a bare minimum 2hours early - and we were supposed to do a bunch of scenarios and then take a multiple choice test, but we just did the scenarios and then he said we were done and we all passed! haha which was nice, but kinda weird.

Alright I gotta go eat breakfast hope all is well out there!

No comments: