Thursday, April 26, 2007

I need More Money!

So last week, I signed my contract for trips director - $32/day - fine by me 6 dollars more a day that the last time I worked here. Then I looked at the pay scale range and saw that I was going to be at the bottom end of it - so I decided to ask Toby about it - he said that Clint decided that since I was getting a lot of certifications for free and because I had never lead trips before that is why I was on the bottom rung - well i didn't agree with that reasoning, so I summoned up some courage and went to talk to Clint - I asked him why I was getting paid so low and he basically said the same thing - I told him that i didn't agree and he then said he could go as high as 33/day which was good - but i wanted to see how much I could get out of him so I just nodded and didn't really say anything - he then asked me to explain myself further, which I did, and he finally went up to 34/day...haha - and I guess Toby had talked to him earlier and had gotten him to commit to 33/day, but i got him to 34...haha that's right.

nothing else really exciting has gone on since - we are pretty packed with groups for the rest of the time until camp starts, but I will be gone for a week of it, so nothing to crazy for me!

No comments: