Sunday, February 11, 2007

Let the sun shine!




Hello - long time no write! I have forgotten what I wrote last, but lots has happened since. I believe the last thing I wrote was when right before Mitch went on vacation - that week was good - got lots of things done - not as much as I would have liked to, but still a productive week. The highlight of the week was when Brett came out and taught us how to fell trees, and even though we were really only supposed to learn the proper techniques of limbing he asked if we wanted to try falling a tree, and I said hell yeah! So I used what I learned to make the tree fall in the direction I wanted it to, and let'r rip.

Since Friday of that week the weather has been unbelievable. Consistently in the mid to upper forties, and once up to 65 degrees - gorgeous. We have cleared off a spot on the basketball court and are finally able to play some basketball after work, so that is really nice.

Boomer is behaving well. I have been trying to get him to go for runs with me the last couple days but have run into a couple stumbling blocks. The first is Toby's dog Fenway - She has now gotten to the point when she knows the times that I am bringing Boomer outside and loves to play with him - as well as Boomer with her - but she will try and try to play with Boomer while I am trying to run with him. Their favorite antagonistic move is to playfully bite the others back leg, so that does not bode well with running. The other is that lately Boomer will do great for the first few minutes and then he will just lag behind and try to stop. Maybe he is still a little to young to go running real far and I should just wait a little bit - we will see i guess!

This next week at work will be a nice change of pace - I will be leaving Monday night for Fort Collins with the Program Director to promote camp at the college on Tuesday - then to Greely on Wednesday, and finally to Boulder on Thursday. It will be great to get out of camp, and most importantly to get and all expense paid trip to visit the colleges!!

No comments: