Saturday, March 10, 2007

The aftermath




Another 125 dollars and two more bottles of pills later and Boomer is on the mend - They only kept him for a day or so and then sent me home with him with strict instructions to squeeze out the puss from the wound - that was 3 days ago and three days have passed with no puss, swelling, or pain. They put him on two kinds of antibiotics which are supposedly the strongest ones out there, and they seem to be doing the trick.

In the meantime Boomer thinks he is healed and is getting extremely restless and tired of wearing the e-collar and not being able to run free - every time I let him out of the kennel now he is just a ball of energy waiting to burst - understandable but it is frustrating when i have been given instructions to keep him calm. I think I am going to call the vet on Monday and see what they think. I am sure he needs to keep it on til the stitches come off, and I am thinking this coming Friday would be the best bet for that, so that means a few more days of frustration for both him and I.

No comments: