Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Infected...


Woke up this morning and Boomer had Puss all over his back leg and dripping from his stitches....great - I took him to the vet and they said that He needed to stay for 2-3 days because if the infection travels up to the abdominal cavity (where they took his teste from) then things could turn ugly real quick. Thankfully I caught it quickly and took him in when i did - his temperature was still normal (apparently with these infections high fevers are extremely common and signal bad news), he still had a good demeanor, i.e, wagging tail, licking faces etc, and he still had his appetite.

I got an update from the vet at around 2pm - apparently they flushed the wound to get the rest of the puss out, gave him a couple strong antibiotics to hit it hard, and were planning on using hot packs tonight to get any excess puss out of there...sounds like he is going to be alright, and may even be able to come home tomorrow.

Thankfully i talked to the doc and he said that they are going to work with me on the price and try to make it so that I don't pay much at all if anything. I assume I will be paying for the antibiotics, but hopefully not much more than that...we'll see though the doc seemed sincere about wanted to not charge me and just wanted to get Boomer back on his feet...

1 comment:

TwisterMc said...

Hopefully he gets better soon. Say HI to Boomer for me. :)