Monday, March 5, 2007

316 dollars later....


I took Boomer into the Vet this friday to get neutered. Normally the surgery and everything should be taken care of by that evening and I should be able to take him home, but that Friday I got a message about 20 minutes after I had gotten back to work stating that "everything was fine but that I should call the vet as soon as possible..." Of course it was Boomers testicle - it still had not dropped and they just wanted to tell me that before they proceeded. Apparently even in undecended testicles they normally can still feel where they are at in the process, but not in Boomers case - they couldn't feel a thing, so they braced me for a 200-300 dollar vet bill that normally should be about 100-150.

I get a call back from the vet around 2:30 that afternoon, once again stating that everything was fine but that they had to go all the way up into the abdomen to find it and that they wanted to keep him overnight for observation...Long story short when all was said and done, I owed 316 dollars and Boomer was walking with quite the sore limp. Now it's 10-14 days before he can run freely, play with Fenway, and jump up and down - then he gets the stitches back and hopefully he will be all better.

So after spending 300+ dollars on Boomer I thought I might as well go all out and spend a bunch more money this weekend, so I went in to CO Springs and met up with Miguel and Ali for lunch and then went to re-up my verizon contract, bought some groceries, and some new Crocs for camp, all in all an expensive weekend, but what are ya gonna do...Oh yeah I think Boomer's stay at the vet (or maybe before hand) may have given him worms(roundworm), i researched up on it and puppies usually have them when they are born, but before i got him he was checked and he was fine, so maybe Fenway has them and he picked it up or one of the other dogs that he has played with in the past - it says online that there are Over the Counter drugs that can take care of it, but i may have to take him to the vet again...

No comments: